Islamic Conference Youth Forum for Dialogue and Cooperation (ICYF-DC) invites young reporters and interested parties to take part in a social media news campaign which will be an extraordinary online platform for young reporters to express their priorities giving the news of vital, exiting, inspiring, useful or considerable issues.
#DailyYouthNews social media reporting campaign involves a social media platform for international youth journalists, a contest of best news of the month, and a monthly award. The campaign is created on the basis that young people want to express what touches them most, what they care about most, what affects them most or what they want people to consider most. The aim of the #DailyYouthNews social media reporting contest is to provide young reporters or interested parties a platform to point out distinguishable content and youth’s participation in media activities.
The contest is initiated and financed by the ICYF-DC.
The contest is open to all professional and amateur reporters among 16-35 years old. Reporters, both professional and amateur, are asked to submit content which is distinguishably about the youth, or concerns youth throughout the world.
Each day, a content selected by the ICYF-DC staff will be displayed in the Official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages of the ICYF-DC. The best OIC Young Reporter of the month will be awarded with a Samsung tablet computer.
The winners will be announced on the first day of the first week of every month. The contest will long till the end of the year, 2014.
- Participants must be between 16-35 years old.
- ICYF-DC expects the participants to find news articles from the world media that concern the youth. Participants may also create their own of news article supported with videos or photos.
- All the news items to be shared in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram should include the hashtag: #DailyYouthNews
- Items to be shared should be chosen from a credible and reliable media outlet. The original link of the news article should be provided in the post, or the news source should be stated clearly.
- The content may include, news stories, op-ed columns, interviews and other similar genres.
- News videos to be uploaded should not exceed 5 minutes of length, and should be uploaded to YouTube. The video title should include #DailyYouthNews tag.
- Photos and sub-texts of the photo-news items should be in line with general rules of journalism and, should respect intellectual property rights. Any possible legal dispute to arise concerns only the participant.
- By taking part in the project, the participant recognizes that ICYF-DC cannot be held accountable for any possible misdeed on the side of the participant.
- ICYF-DC reserves the right to use and publish the news content to be submitted. The organization also reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the project.
- Each day, one news item, which will be chosen by the ICYF-DC staff, will be featured on the Official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages of the ICYF-DC.
- The best OIC Young Reporter of the month will be awarded with a Samsung tablet computer.
- The same participant can win the prize maximum once in 12 months.
- The participants are expected to use their original name and surname in order to prevent bad intentions towards the project. Fake usernames and nicknames will not be taken into account. The entries submitted by the photographers will be assessed by an international jury.