Islamic Conference Youth Forum for Dialogue and Cooperation (ICYF-DC) invites photographers and interested parties to take part in “Photo For Tolerance +” International Youth Photography Contest within the framework of the programme “Istanbul – OIC Youth Capital”. The programme is implemented by the ICYF-DC in cooperation with the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (IBB) and the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Turkey.
“Photo For Tolerance +” contest will be a great platform for young photographers to demonstrate their vision of Istanbul, as well as its importance in terms of spiritual, historical and geo-political position to shelter the youth of Islamic world. The contest involves an international youth photographycompetition, a festival, and awards ceremony.
The aim of the “Photo For Tolerance +” International Youth Photography Contest is to encourage young people to DESCRIBE THE MEANING OF ISTANBUL IN PROMOTING PEACE, UNITY, JUSTICE, FREEDOM, BROTHERHOOD, SOLIDARITY, CULTURE, ART, HISTORY, KINDNESS, MORALITY AND HONOR BY TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE MAIN THEMES THAT ARE “DIALOGUE, TOLERANCE AND YOUTH”.
- This contest is open to youth of all faiths and nationality between the ages of 18 and 35. Non-professional photographers are particularly encouraged to participate.
- It is open to both amateurs and professional photographers. This is not open to ICYF-DC employees and their families.
- There are no fees for participating in the contest.
- All participants must register for the competition by completing registration in oicyouthcapital.com/photo4tolarence/upload-your-photo
- Each participant may not enter more than three photos in total.
- Participants should keep copies of all material submitted as entries will not be returned.
- Each photograph must include a short description (no more than 150 words) explaining how the image captures the theme of the contest.
- All participants must certify on the entry form that the material is their own and copyrights have not been violated.
- All participants must agree to the subsequent use of their photo material by the ICYF-DC, which reserves the right to publish the winning entry and the runners-up, with the appropriate credit, in its non-profit publications, brochures and other materials, including calendars and posters, as well as on its website and other online platforms.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL STANDARDS OF PHOTOS
- The photo should capture the photographer’s vision of Istanbul as capital of many important civilizations in history , in particular focusing on the civilizational heritage and modern day message of Istanbul to the world as related to the following themes:
- Promoting Islamic Solidarity and Islamic values of compassion, justice and sense of community
- Promoting peace, respect and tolerance among different religions and cultures, co-habitation of people from different backgrounds;
- Exposing ugly face of violence, terrorism and injustice as global threats to universal values of humanity;
- The entries cannot be a photomontage or a collage. Post processing should be limited to cropping, burning, dodging, conversion to black and white and normal exposure and color correction.
- Digital files must be at least 300 dpi at 3,000 pixels on the longest side. Low resolution images will not be accepted.
- The photo(s) can be uploaded in JPEG or other common formats.
- Contributions must have a title and include a short explanation, using a maximum of 150 characters, indicating the region where the picture was taken and when.
- File names should adhere exactly to the following convention:
Last Name, First Name—Image Title—Year_Month_Region where photo was taken
- No copyrighted material may be entered in the contest.
- No original photo material may be used without the written consent of the parties depicted.
- The deadline for submissions is 27 November, 2015.
Submissions must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or license infringement. Submissions must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous or libelous; or that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to laws or regulations.
A shortlist of entries will be selected by Public Information Section of the ICYF-DC Secretariat.
An international jury who will select four winners will judge the entries submitted by these photographers. The jury’s decisions are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal. Submitted entries will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- originality and creativity of expression
- photo composition
- quality of execution
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The ICYF-DC assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to the contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms.
RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST
If for any reasons, the contest does not proceed as planned, due to any causes beyond the control of the ICYF-DC that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the ICYF-DC reserves the right, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
The winners will be announced in early December, 2015. All participants will get Certificate whose name will enter shortlist.
The prize for the 4 winners:
- 1stplace : 2500 USD
- 2ndplace : 1200 USD
- 3rdplace : 800 USD
- OIC Youth Capital Special Award: 500 USD
The photos of the runners-up and winners will be published on the Special catalogue and Facebook page.