The 3rd General Assembly of the Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) completed its third working day on 24 October 2018, with election of new Executive Board and other ICYF-DC Statutory Bodies, including members of Advisory Council, Financial Committee and Membership Committee.
In the electoral session chaired by ICYF-DC President Amb. Elshad Iskandarov, the Assembly, held in Istanbul under the theme “Solidarity for Youth Empowerment”, followed the democratic and transparent procedures of elections which resulted in election of ICYF statutory bodies as following:
1. President: Mr. Taha Ayhan, from Liberty Justice Youth Association, Republic of Turkey.
2. Vice-President (Africa Group): Mr. Lamin Darboe, The Gambia National Youth Council
3. Vice-President (Arab Group): Mr. Ali Haddad, Jordan Youth Innovation Forum
4. Vice-President (Asia Group): Mr. Tan Taufiq Lubis, Indonesian National Youth Council
5. Members of the Executive Board: Mr. Halilou Moussa (Niger, Africa Group), Mr. Ali Al-Ahmad (Iraq, Arab Group), Mr. Hossein Kashiri (Iran, Asia Group), Mr. Ahmet Buyukgumush (International Organization) and Mr. Rasul Omarov (Secretariat, Azerbaijan)
6. Advisory Council: A) Government Representatives of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the State of Palestine and the Republic of Turkey
B) Representatives of ICYF Member Institutions from Oman, EIDA and Liberty Justice Youth Association of Turkey
7. Financial Committee: Mr. Caramba Baio (Guinea-Bissau), Mr. Mehi Uddine (Algeria), Ms. Fahmida Faiza (Bangladesh), Representative of ICYF HQ and Representative of ERC ICYF
8. Membership Committee: Mr. Amara Conte (Guinea), Mr. Shogar Bashar (Sudan), Mr. Fsahat ul-Hassan (Pakistan), Representative of ICYF HQ and Representative of ERC ICYF
It is important to note that elections were also held for the ICYF Eurasian Regional Center (Baku Office) with the following results:
1. Director General: Mr. Elmaddin Mehdiyev (Azerbaijan)
2. Chairman of ERC Board: Mr. Elchin Asgarov (Azerbaijan)
3. Members of the Board: Mr. Fsahat Ul Hassan (Pakistan), Ms. Wajiha Haris (non-OIC minority, Romania), Ms. Aigul Gabdrakhmanova (Tatarstan, RF), Mr. Zhanat Chukeyev (Kazakhstan)
It should be mentioned that the new Executive Board of ICYF will assume Office on 01st December 2018, following completion of the transition period and the joint meeting of the outgoing and forth-coming Boards with a view the aim of facilitating the smooth and sustainable continuation of ICYF work and activities.